Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Students are required to be at school on time and in line by 8:05 a.m.
- They should arrive about 5 minutes before that so they can get to class on time.
- Any student who is not in their classroom by the 8:10 a.m. bell will need to have a parent sign them in at the front office.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the classroom if late until they are signed in by their guardian. Students who are excessively tardy may be referred to the Children’s Court Liaison.
If your student needs to leave school before dismissal time due to an appointment or emergency you must come into the office and sign them out.
- Teachers may not release children directly from the classroom, cafeteria, playground, or field trips.
- We will contact the student's classroom and have your child meet you in the office so that we are certain the two of you have made contact and the student is leaving in your care.
- In the event that your child’s class cannot be paged (recess, lunch, field trips), we will provide you with a slip notifying the teacher or duty person that the student has been signed out in the office. However, we ask that you check back and let us know you have connected.
- Children will only be released to parents/adults already approved on the student enrollment card. You must have a picture ID with you or the child will not be released to you. Children will be called for after the ID has been verified.
- Students will not be called from class during the last 30 minutes of the school day.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
Student drop-off and pick-up is on the South side of the school only. The Parking area on the Westside is for staff and guest. No student pick-up or drop-off allowed. Please note that these gates will be locked between 8:05-8:30 am during normal student hours, no exceptions.
Parents may pick up their child by:
- parking in the parking lot and escorting the student to the car, using the designated crossing areas
- pulling up to the designated curb in front of the school, remaining in the car and letting the child in on the curbside door.
- leave your car unattended.
- block cars.
- block in or park in handicapped parking without the appropriate visible identification sign.
- park or pick up students in the fire lanes.
Your child's safety is our first concern!! Please be patient and wait your turn to pick up your child. Children may not walk between cars to get to their ride, whether or not an adult accompanies them. Observe the painted crosswalks and duty personnel’s instructions when walking to parked cars.
Parents and guardians who refuse to follow our safety standards may lose access to our campus.