Welcome Back to School students and parents!
Our library at Ventana Ranch is a fun, wonderful place where students, staff, and parents can find entertaining and educational books and resources.
- Helping students use the library and access the internet to find great books and online resources is my main goal.
- Comparing different kinds of literature and learning how to conduct research are just a few of the library skills taught.
- Helping students find favorite authors, series, and subjects are important to develop a love of reading.
Book Checkout for our online learners
Book checkout from our school library is optional!
Students must check with a parent first to get approval for checking out a book from our library. Ms. Printz and the custodians are regularly cleaning frequently used surfaces. All returned books are held for a week away from other books, then checked in and returned to the shelves. We want everyone to stay healthy and safe.
- Students must put a book on hold first . See the directions below.
- Ms. Printz pulls the book from the shelf, labels it and holds it for pickup.
- Book pickup is every Wednesday afternoon from 2:30-4:00 at the westside doors to our school. (These are the outside doors closest to the library entrance by the cafeteria.)
*You must be with a parent or guardian to pick up your book.*
How to put a book on hold:
- Log on to our Destiny Discover Catalog using your regular user name and password.
- Search for a good book. Left click to flip the book over then click on hold. (1 book only)
- Pick up your book at the westside doors of the school on Wednesday afternoons.
Remember you may check out ebooks anytime from our online catalog at Destiny Discover. Happy reading!
Hello! I'm Renee Printz. This is my 15th year here at Ventana Ranch as the teacher librarian. Can you tell that I like what I do? I have also taught for 7 years as a classroom teacher.
I enjoy reading, writing, learning, and working with kids!
I also love being outside and hiking with my husband Peter in our beautiful New Mexico mountains.
One of my favorite parts about being a teacher librarian is seeing a student's excitement at finding that " just right " book. I believe that having access to books and learning to read are two of the most important tools to encourage an enthusiasm for reading and a lifelong love of learning.
Renee Printz, Librarian
For access to online resources visit ClassLink from anywhere. Enter your APS school ID and password.
See your librarian for database usernames and passwords.